Ascensionist 35L pack is designed so you can comfortably carry your gear from the approach trail through the crux headwall without interfering with your ability to climb freely and efficiently. Patagonia worked directly in the field with our team of climbing ambassadors to create the Ascensionist’s lean, dynamic shape, which carries loads close to your core for climbing precision and support. The clean, stay-out-of-the-way design starts with lightweight yet durable 100% recycled nylon ripstop fabric with a 100% recycled polyester lining, a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish for durability and weather protection. A removable foam framesheet provides stability for shifting loads and protection from hastily packed gear; it moves and flexes with your body to preserve your natural climbing motion. The long spindrift collar has a dual closure to allow the pack to expand or collapse depending upon the load you’re carrying. The Ascensionist’s exterior has an adjustable ice-axe carrying system that keeps the sharp tips of your tools covered, a top zip-closing stash pocket for easy access to small items, and removable compression straps for gear stability and quick options when you need to stow additional equipment. Inside, a handy hanging pocket keeps your easily misplaced items right where you need them. Other features include a three-point, over-the-top rope-carrying system, a burly haul loop, an adjustable sternum strap to accommodate layering and removable hipbelt pads to lighten your load for the summit push.
- The tall spindrift collar has a dual closure that allows the pack to expand or collapse, depending on the load
- The internal hanging pocket keeps your small essentials organized and easily accessible
- The adjustable ice axe‒carrying system keeps sharp ice tool tips covered; it accepts most tool shapes
- The adjustable, removable sternum strap easily accommodates layering changes
- Designed with modular, removable compression straps to provide maximum gear-carrying versatility and load stability
- You can remove the framesheet and the hipbelt pads to make the pack even lighter for the final summit bid
- The three-point, over-the-top rope-carrying system can be removed to further streamline the load
- 890 g (1 lb 15 oz)
890 g (1 lbs 15.4 oz)
64,8 x 30,5 x 14 cm (25.5" x 12" x 5.5")
38L (2319 cu in)
Body: 5.8-oz 420-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop.
Collar: 2.2-oz 70-denier nylon ripstop with a silicone coating.
Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester.
All with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish for durability and water protection.
Body fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.