Blending minimalism with unconditional performance, R1® midlayers are made for cool-weather active layering to keep you warm and comfortable across the full spectrum of mountain endeavors. The Polartec® Power Grid® fabric—made exclusively for Patagonia—features a high/low interior grid recycled polyester/spandex blend that stretches, breathes, moves moisture and insulates. Lightweight and soft on the skin, the R1 Pullover Hoody has a technical fit that accommodates underlayers yet can be worn as a stand-alone top when conditions permit; it compresses down to practically nothing in your pack. For higher-output use and enhanced mobility, incorporated lighter weight, super stretchy grid fabric along the side panels, in the snug-fitting balaclava-style hood and at harness line. Details include a minimalist, deep-venting front zipper for temperature regulation, a soft zipper garage to keep your chin comfy, off-shoulder seams that sit comfortably under your pack straps and discreet on-seam thumb holes for added warmth when it’s cold. With an exterior left-chest pocket and HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control so you stay welcome among friends at the end of the day. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made the R1 Pullover Hoody earned a premium for their labor.
- Exclusive to Patagonia, this hybridized Polartec® Power Grid® fabric with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control is light and breathable with outstanding stretch and durability. For higher-output use and enhanced mobility, incorporated lighter weight, super stretchy grid fabric along the side panels, in the snug-fitting balaclava-style hood and at harness line for increased comfort when worn under a harness; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- The snug-fitting, low-profile balaclava hood fits comfortably under a helmet strap; the center-front slim zipper with a soft kissing-welt zipper garage at the chin provides next-to-skin comfort
- The offset shoulder seams sit comfortably under pack straps
- The pullover silhouette has a deep center-front zipper to allow quick venting
- The clean left-chest pocket has slim zip installation, a zipper garage and a mesh pocket bag
- The sleeves have discreet on-seam thumb holes for added coverage in cold conditions
- Designed with a longer torso length to stay tucked in under a harness or a pack waistbelt
- 312 g (11 oz)
Body: 6.9-oz Polartec® Power Grid® 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control.
Hood, side panels and lower body: 3.8-oz Polartec Power Grid 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Size & Fit
Model is 183 cm (6'0") and wearing a size Medium.