The Insulated AXL Trail Boss is Big Agnes most rugged insulated pad to date. Completely redesigned from the inside out and R-Value rated by a third party, the layers are airplane-grade puncture resistant nylon with a generous double layer of heat-reflecting PrimaLoft® Silver. This bomber three-season+ pad is ideal for your rugged lifestyle from mountaineering to sleeping in tents with dogs, a must-have-pad for those long river trips or multi-day Fall desert biking. Even better, layer with a Big Agnes 3rd Degree closed-cell foam pad for extra insulation in cold-weather conditions. Save your breath for bigger tasks around camp and use the included upcycled pad inflation sack to inflate.
- R-Value: 4.4
- A rugged 3.25” thick pad with 3.75” larger outer chambers to keep you comfortably cradled in the middle of the pad
- High volume valves with micro adjustment make for fast inflation/deflation and easy fine tuning to your preferred firmness
- Quieter materials than other pads on the market
- Antimicrobial treatment inside the pad prevents microorganism growth
- Protective storage sack, replacement valve seal and 3M repair patches included
- Individually inflated and tested at our factory ensuring 100% quality performance
- Pad Inflation Sack made from upcycled excess pad material included. (Color will vary depending on excess material)
- When sleeping on frozen ground or snow we recommend adding a closed cell foam pad
Construction and Materials
- PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation working with a heat reflective barrier traps body heat and reflects it back, so you stay comfortable as the temperatures drop
- Patent pending internal construction minimizes weight and packed size while providing maximum stability and comfort
- Aviation grade rip-stop fabric made with nano filament thread for ultimate strength and puncture resistance
- Aviation grade TPU lamination technology for weld strength and ultimate dependability
- Additional poly carbonate coating on the bottom of pad offers 10 times more durability and abrasion resistance than fabric without this coating. Coating also makes pad clean-up easy
Specs and Sizing
|25“ x 78“ /63,5 x 198cm||5,5“ x 15“ / 14 x 38cm||41oz / 1,16kg|
What is an R-Value?
A sleeping pad is a necessary part of your sleep system. Big Agnes pads provide bed-like comfort from rocks and dirt, but more importantly, they insulate you from the ground. All Big Agnes pads feature a proven R-Value. It's a rating that shows the insulating properties of a sleeping pad. Summer camping at low elevation - look for a lower R-Value. Camping Spring through Fall – look for a R3 or higher. In simple terms- the higher the number the warmer the pad.