Capilene® Air is the most advanced baselayer we’ve ever made. It has the greatest range of warmth and comfort of any of our baselayers, insulates even when wet, dries quickly, and resists odors for day after day use. Made from an airy blend of 51% merino wool from New Zealand 49% Capilene® recycled polyester, Capilene® Air feels light and soft on the skin and stretches naturally to move with the body in motion. We create the soft 18.5-micron-guage-yarns used in Capilene® Air with an innovative airblasting technology that dramatically increases the yarn’s loft while reducing weight compared to traditional wool yarn. Our seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points throughout the entire garment and nearly eliminates wasted material. The bottoms have elastic seamlessly knit into a wide waistband for next-to-skin softness and a gender-specific zigzag knit texture to trap warmth and allow airflow.
- Fine merino wool from New Zealand blended with Capilene® recycled polyester for enhanced warmth balanced with improved wicking, durability and dry time
- 18.5-micron-gauge yarn; lofted wool innovation
- Fabric is soft against skin and stretches to move with the body
- Seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points through the entire garment and has almost no wasted material
- Elastic is seamlessly knit into a wide waistband for next-to-skin softness
- 130 g (4.6 oz)
5.6-oz (190-g) 51% merino wool/49% recycled polyester seamless zigzag knit comprised of 18.5-micron-gauge lofted wool.
Size & Fit
Model is 175 cm (5'9") and wearing a size Small.