For every product sold, Wilderoben gives 1 % of its value to forest protection movement WOLF

We started this partnership because we believe it's important to preserve our natural forests and keep fighting for more protected areas and reservations in Slovakia.

HELP US PROTECT OUR NATURAL FORESTS BY LIMITING HUMAN ACTIVITY IN THEM

We want these forests to be free of timber harvesting, illegal hunting, toxic chemicals, harvesting of deadwood, mindless forest planting or motor vehicles. They should be enjoyed by mindful people who can explore them off the beaten track.

BIODIVERSITY

Biodiversity of ecosystems including all living organisms gives stability and strength to forests so that they can withstand any external changes.

NATURAL FORESTS
IN DANGER

Almost 99 % of forested areas in Slovakia have been changed by human activity, leaving less than 1 % for natural forests.

PROTECTING OUR
NATURAL HERITAGE

By turning more land into protective Evolution forests® we let nature flourish without the interference of humans.

WHO IS WOLF?

WOLF is an activist group and forest protection movement who owns the first private natural heritage reserve Vlčia that serves for research, ecotourism and education. The area of 21 ha is located in the Čergov Mountain Range.

Ever since their foundation in 1993, activists and volunteers from WOLF have been fighting for protecting natural forests in Slovakia. They have been working tirelessly on creating a network of Evolution forests® where animals and plants coexist in peace without any human interference. Up until now, almost 880 ha of new forests have been declared natural reserves. They keep fighting for changes in legislation, protection of wolves and brown bears from hunters and poachers, fight against illegal logging, expose malpractice in forests and regularly organise educational workshops and on-site seminars for public.

MILESTONES IN FOREST PROTECTION IN SLOVAKIA

(2001-2002)

A stop of illegal and legal logging in natural reserve Suchá dolina in Western Tatras in a form of 40-year lease of the designated area of 160 ha to VLK

(2004)

The first private natural heritage reserve in Slovakia, Vlčia (21 ha), was founded in Čergov Mountain Range.  The second reservation Rysia (30 ha) is located in Strážovské Mountain Range

(2005)

Enlargement of national reservation Udava from 52 ha to 393 ha

(2008)

Enlargement of state national reservation Kyjovský prales from 53 ha to 397 ha

(2007-2009)

Declaration of the state natural reserve Bisce with an area of 28 ha

(2006-2013)

Stop of illegal logging of dead wood after the High Tatras calamity in Tichá and Kôprová valleys (both in the National park TANAP)

(2006–2013)

Enlargement of 50 ha near the natural heritage reserve Vlčia in Čergov Mountain Range

(2006–2013)

Significant improvements in protection of wolves in Slovakia - ban of hunting wolves in the borderline areas, total ban during hunting games and overall changes in the hunting laws

MEET THE ACTIVISTS

Juraj Lukáč

Chief of WOLF, activist

Forest protection activist. Juraj has a degree in cybernetics. For more than 25 years, he has been fighting for nature protection and raising awareness about the issue of preservation of Europe’s natural forests. Founder of WOLF owns the first private natural reserve Vlčia in Čergov and Rysia in Strážovske mountains. He lives in the small village Osadné close to the Polish - Slovak border and just a stone’s throw away from the natural reservation Udava.

Katarína Grichová

Chief of Clan WOLF Čergov

Katarína studied geography and is active in the forest protection movement WOLF since she was 17 and where she now in the headquarters located in Tulčík. She guides people during seminars in forests called Gaia, files complaints, organises weekly meetings of WOLF supporters in Prešov. She focuses on protection of wolves in Slovakia and coordinates all activities. Her dream is to be able to walk in the forests without discovering another illegal logging activity or meeting a poacher or motor vehicle.  

INSTAGRAM #WILDEROBEN

Product added to wishlist

We use cookies in the delivery of our services. To learn about the cookies we use and information about your preferences and opt-out choices, please click here. By using our platform you agree to our use of cookies.