The full-featured Refugitive Jacket is built from durable, waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX fabric and delivers total weather protection in serious alpine conditions.This reliability makes the jacket ideal for backcountry climbing, skiing, or extended backpacking trips in nasty conditions. Long and hard ascents or extended days of wet backcountry travel call for a serious, go-anywhere, do-everything waterproof/breathable shell and the Refugitive answers that call. The 3-layer GORE-TEX fabric is extremely breathable while the C-Knit backer and a DWR finish ensure that you stay dry. Stretch panels give the jacket excellent movement-mirroring performance. Integrated pit zips let you maximize ventilation when temperatures rise or you are hard at work! A helmet compatible, fully adjustable hood employs a laminated visor and will not impede peripheral vision. Velcro wrist closures and a drawcord hem seal out cold drafts and moisture. Pocketing includes two high-set handwarmer pockets that allow access even if you are wearing a pack or a harness, a left chest pocket, an interior chest pocket, and one large stretch interior pocket. Watertight zippers keep moisture out of the interior of the jacket and its pockets. A concealed RECCO reflector adds a major of safety when you're wearing the jacket at a ski resort.
- A hybrid design for the optimal balance of stretch and light weight; durably waterproof and windproof 3-layer GORE-TEX® fabric with GORE® C-KNIT™ Backer Technology is softer, lighter and more breathable than regular 3-layer GORE-TEX® fabric
- Specially engineered Optimal Visibility Hood adjusts with single-pull Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system to fit equally well over all helmet types or a bare head
- Two high handwarmer pockets with watertight zippers stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt; welted exterior left-chest pocket, interior left-chest pocket and interior stretch catch-all pocket
- Watertight 2-way pit zips for venting
- Elasticized strap at low back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants and select Alpine pants to prevent jacket from riding up
- Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system has two contact points at hem for intuitive one-handed operation
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 425 g (15 oz)
Shell: 3-layer, 3.1-oz 30-denier 100% nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® fabric.
Lower arms and upper back: 3-layer, 4-oz 40-denier 100% nylon stretch plain-weave GORE-TEX® fabric.
All with GORE® C-KNIT™ Backer Technology and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Size & Fit
Model is 183 cm (6'0") and wearing a size Medium.